Six songs from six different composers were in the limelight earlier this evening in the second semi-final of Unser Song Für Deutschland. Lena - the winner of the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest - performed them all, but she could only take three to the final which will take place Friday in a week, alongside the three that were already chosen last Monday.
The list of songs tonight looked like this (qualifiers in bold):
- A Million And One (composed by Errol Rennalls & Stavros Ioannou)
- Teenage Girls (composed by Viktoria Hansen, Lili Tarkow-Reinisch & Yacine Azeggagh)
- Push Forward (composed by Daniel Schaub & Pär Lammers)
- At All (composed by Aloe Blacc)
- A Good Day (composed by Audra Mae, Scott Simons & Todd Edgar Wright)
- Mama Told Me (composed by Lena Meyer-Landrut & Stefan Raab)
The jury in tonight's final consisted of Lena's mentor Stefan Raab as chairman, Anke Engelke, popular German comedian and co-presenter of this year's Eurovision Song Contest and Joy Denalane who's named the German "Queen of Soul".
Sabine Heinrich and Matthias Opdenhövel presented the show tonight. The duo will also be responsible for the final on the 18th of February.
Lena won the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest in Oslo with Satellite to the surprise of many, but went on to score a smash hit in many European countries.