Latvian TV opted for a three semi-final system this year. In the first two of them, 10 songs were presented and five each made it directly to the final. In the third semi-final tonight, all the non-qualifiers of the first two semi-finals got another chance with two of them being chosen, one by televote and one by a specially formed jury. Altogether, twelve songs will now participate in the big final which will take place in Ventspils next Saturday.
The participants tonight were the following (qualifiers in bold):
- Dace Upīte - Magnet
- LieneCandy - Love Is Like An Aeroplane
- Crazy Dolls - Positively Thinking
- Ģirts Zebuliņš & Atis Zviedris - Rough Enough
- Juris Ludženieks - Beautiful World
- Sabīne Berezina - Let Me Be
- Elīna Krastiņa - Look Back At Me Again - Televote winner
- Ineta Rudzīte & Uldis Timma - Walking On My Tiptoes
- Ivo Grīsniņš-Grīslis - Cinderella - Jury's favourite
- Dace Upīte & Nikolajs Puzikovs - It's Not Easy
The running order for the final was also decided and looks like this:
- Evija Sloka - Don't Stop The Dance
- Elīna Krastiņa - Look Back At Me Again
- Ivo Grīsniņš-Grīslis - Cinderella
- Triānas Parks - Upside Down
- The Secretz - Summer Night
- Pieneņu Vīns - You Are
- Jānis Stībelis - Let It Be Me
- Oksana Ļepska - Live On!
- Musiqq - Angel In Disguise
- Blitze - Hop
- D-family - Daylight
- Lauris Reiniks - Banjo Laura
The semi-final tonight was hosted by Ugis Joksts & Valters Fridenbergs from the LTV studios in Riga.
Latvia has participated in the Eurovision Song Contest and immediately reached a 3rd place with Brainstorm's My Star. Two years later, the country won the contest with Marie N's I Wanna.