Two semi-finals and a "second chance" round will decide about the twelve songs in the Latvian final. In the first two semi-finals, five songs out of ten will reach the final, three chosen by televote while the other two will be selected by a specially-formed expert jury. There will be another chance for the losers of the first two semi-finals in the "second-chance" round where two more songs will reach the final, one selected by televote and the other by the expert jury.
The ten hopefuls tonight were (qualifiers in bold):
- Ivo Grīsniņš-Grīslis - Cinderella
- Triānas Parks - Upside Down
- Oksana Ļepska - Live On!
- Elīna Krastiņa - Look Back At Me Again
- Musiqq - Angel In Disguise
- Juris Ludženieks - Beautiful World
- Crazy Dolls - Positively Thinking
- The Secretz - Summer Night
- Lauris Reiniks - Banjo Laura
- Dace Upīte - Magnet
The semi-final tonight was hosted by Ugis Joksts & Valters Fridenbergs from the LTV studios in Riga.
Latvia won the Eurovision Song Contest in 2002 with Marie N's I Wanna - do they have a winner in their field this year as well? We'll only know on the 14th of May!