Last finalists chosen in Iceland07 February 2015 at 23:26 CET
The second semi-final of Söngvakeppnin 2015 just took place at the Haskolabio venue in Reykjavík. In the show three songs have won their ticket to the final on the 14th of February:
- CADEM - Fyrir Alla
- SUNDAY - Fjaðrir
- María Ólafsdóttir - Lítil Skref
The results were decided by televoting only. A jury chose a wildcard from among the 6 songs that didn't get through in both semi-finals:
- Haukur Heiðar Hauksson - Milljón Augnablik
Twelve acts in total compete for the honour to represent Iceland at the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest in Austria. They are divided in two semi-finals and the last six participated in tonight's show (qualifiers in bold):
- Haukur Heiðar Hauksson - Milljón Augnablik (Million moments). Written by: Karl Olgeir Olgeirsson and Haukur Heiðar Hauksson (wildcard)
- María Ólafsdóttir - Lítil Skref (Small steps) Written by: Ásgeir Orri Ásgeirsson, Pálmi Ragnar Ásgeirsson and Sæþór Kristjánsson
- SUNDAY - Fjaðrir (Feathers) Written by: Hildur Kristín Stefánsdóttir and Guðfinnur Sveinsson
- Regína Ósk - Aldrei Of Seint (Never too late) Written by: María Björk Sverrisdóttir, Marcus Frenell, Sarah Reeve, Regína Ósk Óskarsdóttir
- Bjarni Lárus Hall - Brotið Gler (Broken glass) Written by: Axel Árnason and Bjarni Lárus Hall
- CADEM - Fyrir Alla (For everyone). Written by Daníel Óliver Sveinsson, Jimmy Åkerfors and Einar Ágúst
This content is unfortunately no longer available
Meet the acts
Regína Ósk was one half of Euroband that competed in Serbia in 2008 with the song This Is My Life. María Björk has composed several entries in Söngvakeppnin in prior years.
Bjarni Lárus is the vocalist of rock group Jeff Who, and this is the first time he competes in Söngvakeppnin.
SUNDAY consists of: Hildur Kristín Stefánsdóttir, Guðfinnur Sveinsson, Vignir Rafn Hilmarsson and Helga Kristín Ingólfsdóttir; Hildur Kristín is a member of the band Rökkurró and this is her first time in Söngvakeppnin.
CADEM consists of: Daníel Óliver, Emelie Schytz and Caroline Waldemarsson; Daníel Óliver lives in Sweden and is signed to Viktoria Ekeberg. Einar Ágúst performed the song Tell Me with Telma in Eurovision 2000.
Lítil Skref is the second Stop Wait Go song in this years Söngvakeppnin. María Ólafsdóttir has participated in some musicals, and performed songs written by SWG.
Karl Olgeirsson copmosed the song Lífið Kviknar Á Ný which was the runner up in Söngvakeppnin 2014. The singer Haukur Heiðar fronts the rockgroup Dikta which has made several succesful albums.