After the semi-final of the Azerbaijani selection, three contestants qualified, you can read more about that in the article about the Azerbaijani semi-final. By now, all three - Milk & Kisses, Safura and Maryam Shabanova - have got themselves a new song and a lot of practise.
But the peak of their current careers will come tonight, starting from 17.00 CET when they will get the chance to prove themselves before the professional jury. The latter will pick the Azerbaijani candidate for Oslo. You can find a list of the impressive jury below:
- Ismayil Omarov – iTV Director General
- Ferhad Badalbayli – Rector of Baku Musical Academy and professor
- Ibrahim Guliyev - CEO of Friends of Azerbaijan Culture Foundation
- Lale Kazimova - President of Azerbaijan National Music Committee of the International Music Council
- Murad Adigozelzadeh - Director of Azerbaijani State Philharmonic named after M. Magomayev and a Honorable Artist
- Menzer Nuraliyeva - Representative of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism
- Ferhad Hajiyev - Representative of Youth and Sports Ministry
Last year, Aysel and Arash took the job for Azerbaijan, placing third in the Final of the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest with their Always.