Although the live show for the first Semi-Final takes place tomorrow evening, when viewers in 20 countries will have their opportunity to vote to decide the ten qualifiers. It is worth remembering that this evening's show is of equal significance, as this is the show that the professional juries will be watching and voting on, and they are responsible for 50% of the votes.
16 Songs: 20 Juries
Sixteen songs will participate in the first Semi-Final, and professional juries in each of the participating countries, as well as in Spain, Austria, France and Australia, will be voting on tonight's show. They will account for 50% of the overall total.
Each jury will be comprised of five members, (including a chairperson) who will be the same jurors who will also be voting in the Final. They will monitored by an independent notary in each country. The jury consists of a variety of members in terms of age, gender, and background. They are all citizens of the country they are representing.
None of the jury members are connected with any of the participating songs or artists, in order that they can vote independently. All jury members have made signed declarations stating that they will vote independently.
You can find out who is in each national jury here.
The Jury Voting
Each jury member will rank all the songs in the show by judging each song, each jury member will focus on the vocal capability of the artists, the performance on stage, the composition and originality of the song, and the overall impression by the act.
The EBU's televoting partner Digame will merge the points given by the jury and the televoters tomorrow night per individual country. If there is a tie between two or more songs between jury votes and televotes, then the song gaining the most televotes will be ranked higher.
You can see a further explanation of the voting in the short video below.
The first Semi-Final Contenders
- Moldova: I Want Your Love sung by Eduard Romanyuta
- Armenia: Face The Shadow sung by Genealogy
- Belgium: Rhythm Inside sung by Loïc Nottet
- Netherlands: Walk Along sung by Trijntje Oosterhuis
- Finland: Aina Mun Pitää sung by Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät
- Greece: One Last Breath sung by Maria-Elena Kyriakou
- Estonia: Goodbye To Yesterday sung by Elina Born & Stig Rästa
- F.Y.R. Macedonia: Autumn Leaves sung by Daniel Kajmakoski
- Serbia: Beauty Never Lies sung by Bojana Stamenov
- Hungary: Wars For Nothing sung by Boggie
- Belarus: Time sung by Uzari&Maimuna
- Russia: A Million Voices sung by Polina Gagarina
- Denmark: The Way You Are sung by Anti Social Media
- Albania: I'm Alive sung by Elhaida Dani
- Romania: De La Capat/ All Over Again sung by Voltaj
- Georgia: Warrior sung by Nina Sublatti
The live show of the first Semi-Final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 will take place on Tuesday 19th of May at 21:00 CET and will broadcast live on Eurovision.tv.
Which songs do you thinkl the juries favour over the televoters?