16 Songs: 19 Juries
Sixteen songs will participate in the First Semi-Final, and professional juries in each of the participating countries, as well as in Spain, France and Denmark will be voting on tonight's dress rehearsal. They will account for 50% of the overall total.
Each jury will be comprised of five members, (including a chairperson) who will be the same jurors who will also be voting in the Final. They will monitored by an independent notary in each country. The jury consists of a variety of members in terms of age, gender, and background. They are all citizens of the country they are representing.
None of the jury members are connected with any of the participating songs or artists, in order that they can vote independently. All jury members have made signed declarations stating that they will vote independently. The full list of jury members was made available on Eurovision.tv on 1st of May.
The Jury Voting
Each jury member will rank all the songs in the show By judging each song, each jury member will focus on the vocal capability of the artists, the performance on stage, the composition and originality of the song, and the overall impression by the act.
The EBU's televoting partner Digame will merge the points given by the jury and the televoters tomorrow night per individual country. If there is a tie between two or more songs between jury votes and televotes, then the song gaining the most televotes will be ranked higher.
- Armenia: Not Alone sung by Aram MP3
- Latvia: Cake To Bake sung by Aarzemnieki
- Estonia: Amazing sung by Tanja
- Sweden: Undo sung by Sanna Nielsen
- Iceland: No Prejudice sung by Pollapönk
- Albania: One Night's Anger sung by Hersi
- Russia: Shine sung by Tolmachevy Sisters
- Azerbaijan: Start A Fire sung by Dilara Kazimova
- Ukraine: Tick-Tock sung by Mariya Yaremchuk
- Belgium: Mother sung by Axel Hirsoux
- Moldova: Wild Soul sung by Cristina Scarlat
- San Marino: Maybe (Forse) sung by Valentina Monetta
- Portugal: Quero Ser Tua sung by Suzy
- Netherlands: Calm After The Storm sung by The Common Linnets
- Montenegro: Moj Svijet sung by Sergej Ćetković
- Hungary: Running sung by András Kállay-Saunders
Watch our highlights videos; backstage and the recap of the first dress rehearsal.
Also, why not take a look at our gallery from the first rehearsal this afternoon.
This content is unfortunately no longer available
The live show of the First Semi-Final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 will take place on Tuesday 6th of May at 21:00 CET and will broadcast live on Eurovision.tv.