It took three shows to select the Icelandic entry in the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest and after an exciting final it was announced that María Ólafsdóttir will represent the nordic island with the song Unbroken.
There were two rounds of voting in Söngvakeppnin final this year. In the first round of voting, a jury panel and televoting, on a 50/50 basis determined the top two songs. These two entries advanced to the superfinal, where the winner was determined by televoting only.
The two songs in the superfinal were performed in the language they want to compete with at the Eurovision Song Contest . Both songs were composed by the group StopWaitGo:
- María Ólafsdóttir - Unbroken (Lítil Skref) 70774 votes
- Friðrik Dór - Once Again (Í síðasta skipti) 55850 votes
- CADEM - Fly
- SUNDAY - Feathers
- Björn & Friends - Piltur og stúlka (Boy and girl)
- María Ólafsdóttir - Unbroken
- Elín Sif - Dance Slow
- Friðrik Dór - Once Again
- Haukur Heiðar Hauksson - Milljón Augnablik (Million moments)
The members of the jury that voted in the first round are:
- Yohanna, performer who represented Iceland in the 2009 Eurovision Song Contest.
- Stefán Hilmarsson, from the band Sálin. He represented Iceland in 1988 and 1991.
- Einar Bárðarson, radio host and music manager.
- Sigríður Thorlacius, singer and composer from the band Hjaltalín.
- Valdimar Guðmundsson, singer from the band Valdimar.
Did you miss the National Final of Iceland? You can watch it on demand through our WebTV Player.