The 8 competing songs in the final in Iceland have been decided from a total of 16 semi-finalists competing in 4 semi-finals. The finalists are, in running order:
1. Edgar Smári The Kiss We Never Kissed
2. Jóhanna Guðrún Jónsdóttir Is It True
3. Ingó Undir Regnbogann
4. Hreindís Ylva Garðarsdóttir Holm Vornótt
5. Kaja Halldórsdottir Lygin Ein
6. Arnar, Edgar, Sverrir & Ólafur Easy To Fool
7. Elektra Got No Love
8. Jógvan Hansen I Think The World Of You
The semi-finals were held on the 10, 17, 24 and 31 January, and the 16 competing songs were selected from a total of 217 competing entries.
The final of the Icelandic national selection is traditionally very popular in the country.
– 80 percent of the nation is watching the final, says Regína Ósk, representing Iceland in the group Euroband last year.
– We are quite small and come together as a country on these occasions. If you want to do something in Iceland as an artist it's a very good place to present yourself.
In the Eurovision Song Contest in 2008 Iceland finished 14th with Euroband's “This Is My Life”. In Moscow, Iceland will compete in the first semi-final.