Iceland: First finalists chosen31 January 2015 at 23:19 CET
The first semi-final of Söngvakeppnin 2015 just took place at the Haskolabio venue in Reykjavík. In the show three songs have won their ticket to the final on the 14th of February:
- Friðrik Dór - Í síðasta skipti
- Björn & Friends - Piltur og stúlka
- Elín Sif - Í kvöld
The results were decided by televoting only.
Twelve acts in total compete for the honour to represent Iceland at the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest in Austria. They are divided in two semi-finals and the first six participated in tonight's show (qualifiers in bold):
- Erna Hrönn - Myrkrið hljótt (Silent darkness). Written by: Arnar Ástráðsson and Erna Hrönn Ólafsdóttir
- Hinemoa - Þú leitar líka að mér (You‘re also looking me up). Written by: Ásta Björg Björgvinsdóttir and Bergrún Íris Sævarsdóttir
- Elín Sif - Í kvöld (Tonight). Written by: Elín Sif Halldórsdóttir
- Friðrik Dór - Í síðasta skipti (For the last time) Written by: Pálmi Ragnar Ásgeirsson, Ásgeir Orri Ásgeirsson, Sæþór Kristjánsson and Friðrik Dór Jónsson
- Stefanía Svavars - Augnablik (One moment) Written by: Sveinn Rúnar Sigurðsson
- Björn & Friends - Piltur og stúlka (Boy and girl). Written by: Björn Þór Sigbjörnsson, Tómas Hermannsson and Björn Jörundur Friðbjörnsson
This content is unfortunately no longer available
Meet the acts
Erna Hrönn and Arnar Ástráðsson have both competed in the Icelandic national selection in the past and this is their second collaboration.
HINEMOA consists of Ásta Björg Björgvinsdóttir, Rakel Pálsdóttir, Sindri Magnússon, Kristófer Nökkvi Sigurðarson, Gísli Páll Karlsson and Regína Lilja Magnúsdóttir. The composers of their song wrote last year's Eftir Eitt Lag which was performed by Greta Mjöll.
Elín Sif is the youngest composer and artist this year. She has been writing songs from a young age and some of her songs have been featured in other song contests.
Í Síðasta Skipti is a song composed by the Stop Wait Go team that wrote the song Dönsum Burtu Blús for last years Söngvakeppnin. Singer Friðrik Dór has released two solo albums, and this is his first time in the competition.
Stefanía competed in 2013, singing a duet with Jógvan Hansen, with the song Til þín by the same composer. Sveinn Rúnar composed the Icelandic ESC entries Heaven in 2004 and Valentine Lost in 2007.
Björn and Friends consist of: Björn Jörundur Friðbjörnsson, Unnur Birna Björnsdóttir, Hafrún Kolbeinsdóttir and Pétur Örn Guðmundsson. Singer and songwriter Björn Jörundur is a veteran in Icelandic rock music and has been a member of rock group Nýdönsk since 1987. This is the first time he competes in Söngvakeppnin.