MTV has commissioned a special jury, with much pedigree and experience of Europe's Favourite TV Show, and they will on 8th and 9th of January select the songs from those submitted to progress to the televised stages of A Dal 2013.
Familiar names on jury
This jury comprises of :-
- Csaba Walkó - Member of Compact Disco who represented Hungary in Baku in 2012 with Sound Of Our Hearts
- Philip Rákay - Programme director
- Jenő Csiszár - Radio anchor
- Viktor Rakonczai - Composer and member of VIP who represented Hungary in the 1997 Eurovision Song Contest
- Magdi Rúzsa - Singer who represented Hungary in 2007, finishing in 9th place in the Final in Helsinki with Unsubstantial Blues, which was Hungary's best result since their fourth place on their debut in 1994.
The fact that two members of the jury are part of acts to have qualified for the Grand Final of the Eurovision Song Contest for Hungary, suggests that MTV are looking towards their expertise to find another successful entry to make it through the Semi-Finals of Europe's Favourite TV Show.
A Dal will kick off on the 2nd of February. The number of semi finals prior to the final is still dependent on how many eligible songs have been submitted.
Eurovision.tv will keep you informed of all further developments with A Dal 2013 as soon as they are released.