Two weeks ago, the Hungarian public broadcaster MTV presented the 20 candidates for this year's national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest. Tonight, it was finally time for the first half of the acts to show their abilities in the first national semi-final.
The songs were commented and voted on by a panel jury immediately after they were performed. The jury comprised Jenő Csiszár, radio and tv presenter, Philip Rákay, programme director of m1, Viktor Rakonczai, composer and former Eurovision Song Contest participant, and Kati Wolf, who represented Hungary in the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest with What About My Dreams.
In the end, three acts were chosen to go forward to the final by the jury, and another one by means of televoting. This is the line-up of tonight's show (in order of appearance, jury points in brackets, qualifiers in bold):
- Kökény Attila & Bencsik Tamara - Állítsd Meg Az Időt - (24 points)
- Kállay-Saunders András - I Love You - (32 points)
- Pély Barna, Pál Eszter & Pál István "Szalonna" - Hangok a Szívekért - (29 points)
- Dancs Annamari - Feel - (15 points)
- Heincz Gábor - Learning To Let Go - (38 points)
- Compact Disco - Sound Of Our Hearts - (39 points)
- Krisz Rudi - A Fél Veled Egész - (18 points)
- Gallusz Nikolett & Vizy Márton - Európa, Egy A Szívünk - (31 points)
- Tóth Gabi - Nem Kell Végszó - (34 points) - televoting choice
- Caramel - Vízió - (37 points)
Thus, Compact Disco got the highest marks from the jury, with Gábor Heincz coming second and Caramel third, while Gabi Tóth was chosen as additional finalist by the TV public. Nikolett Gallusz and Marton Vizy performed their song twice, as one of the microphones did not work properly during their first attempt.
The second semi-final of A Dal will take place next Saturday, on February 4th, at 20:15 CET.