Hungary: All finalists of A Dal 2016 chosen20 February 2016 at 22:46 CET
In tonight's semi-final, the following four acts have qualified for the final of A Dal 2016:
- Parno Graszt
- André Vásáry
- Olivér Berkes & Andi Tóth
This was the complete line-up of the show (in order of appearance, jury votes given in brackets):
- Egy Másik Zenekar – Kéne közös kép (33 points)
- Olivér Berkes & Andi Tóth – Seven Seas (33 points) - televoting choice
- André Vásáry – Why (42 points)
- Passed – Driftin' (33 points)
- Laci Gáspár – Love And Bass (35 points)
- Nika – Emlékkép (39 points)
- ByTheWay – Free To Fly (31 points)
- Freddie – Pioneer (47 points)
- Parno Graszt – Már nem szédülök (42 points)
Tonight the jury also handed the award for the Best Lyrics of A Dal, which was received by Borbála Csarnai - she wrote the lyrics to Freddie's song Pioneer. Last week Petruska had been given the award for the Best Newcomer.Gallery: A Dal 2016: The Second Semi-Final
In the first semi-final, the following four acts had qualified for the final of A Dal 2016:
- Petruska – Trouble in My Mind
- Gergő Oláh – Győz a jó
- Kállay Saunders Band – Who We Are
- Mushu – Uncle Tom
Together with tonight's qualifiers, these eight acts complete the final of A Dal 2016, which will be broadcast on February 27th. You can watch it live on Eurovision.tv.
A Dal - which means The Song - is a popular national selection format developed by the Hungarian public service broadcaster. Already for the fifth time, it serves as a platform to select the Hungarian entry for the Eurovision Song Contest. Since A Dal has been introduced as the Hungarian national selection method for the Eurovision Song Contest in 2012, it has proved to be not only a successful TV show but also an important new platform to introduce artists, bands and composers to a large audience.
The maths behind the Voting
The voting procedure is as follows:
- From each heat (quarter final) the jury votes have picked the best 5 acts. After the jury voted, televoting qualified 1 more act from the 5 that had not been chosen by the jury.
- In each semi-final, out of 9 respective acts, 3 will first be selected by the jury. Then televoting chooses 1 more act from the 6 that have not been chosen by the jury.
- In the final, out of the 8 acts, the jury will select 4 to go to the super-final, where televoting decides the winner.
Note that in every instance of jury voting, televoting will also make up 20% of the result - the TV viewers are counted like a "fifth juror".
The TV viewers can vote through the app, A Dal website or text messages.
Csilla Tatár and Levente Harsányi were the presenters of the show. A joint decision of the expert jury, consisting of Zséda, Pierrot, Károly Frenreisz and Miklós Both, and the TV public chose the qualifiers. You can find more detailed information about the voting above. In the interval, Zséda changed her role for a few minutes: The juror sang on stage together with Hungarian music legend Ferenc Demjén.