Hersi Matmuja wins Festivali i Këngës!29 December 2013 at 00:40 CET
Live singing of contestants and live instrumental playing of the RTSH orchestra – a perfect modern and classical combination in the Albanian final of Festivali i Këngës which Eurovision fans enjoyed tonight. In the show, 16 finalists contended for the title of being the Albanian representative in Europe’s favourite TV show.
Here is the list of performances (in order of their appearance on stage):
- Zemërimi i një nate (One night’s anger) - Hersi Matmuja
- Jam larg (I'm far away) - Besiana Mehmeti and Shkodran Tolaj
- Kthehu (Come back) - Luiz Ejlli
- Një ditë shprese (One hopeful day) - Frederik Ndoci
- Jeta në orën 4 (Life at 4 o’clock) - Orges Toce
- Me ty (With you) - Klodian Kacani
- Natë e pare (First night) - Venera Lumani and Lindi Islami
- Mikja ime (My friend) - Blerina Braka
- Ëndërrat janë ëndërra (Dreams are dreams) - Xhejsi Jorgaqi
- Kur qielli qan (When the sky cries) - Xhejn & Enxhi Kumrija
- Princesha (The Princess) - Lynx
- Ti mungon (You’re missing) - Marjeta Billo
- Grua (Wife) - Sajmir Braho
- Në zemër (In the heart) - Rezarta Smaja
- Vetëm për ty (Only for you) - Saviana Verdha and Edmond Mancaku
- Nuk e di (I don’t know) - Renis Gjoka
In the beginning of the show, the hosts, Enkel Demi and Klea Huta, introduced the 60 members orchestra that accompanied all 16 contestants and the guests of the show musically. All artists presented the original versions of their competing songs. Among them there were familiar Eurovision faces: Luiz Ejlli and Frederik Ndoci entered the 2006 and 2007 Eurovision Song Contests for their home country.
A special guest of the show was Elhaida Dani, the winner of The Voice Of Italy. She gave a short concert and got a huge applause for her performance. Furthermore, the winner of the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest, Emmelie de Forest, performed her new hit Hunter & Prey and her winning entry Only Teardrops for the Albanian public. It was Emmelie's first time in Albania but she liked the people she met and enjoyed the great Albanian food.
7 members of the professional jury played a very important role in today's show - they had to think carefully and to choose the best entry of tonight's show. The jury consisted of Agim Krajka (musician), Aleksander Lalo (musician), Hajg Zaharian (musician), Xhevahir Spahiu (writer, poet), Petrit Malaj (actor), Erjona Rushiti (musicologist), and Bojken Lako (singer).
In the end, the expert jury came to the decision and picked Hersi Matmuja to represent Albania in the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest. With her song Zemërimi I Një Nate that means one night’s anger, she got 69 points. Here is a screenshot of the jury results:
Hersi comes from the Albanian city of Kukesa. She started singing since she was 8 years old. Now, she studies classic music in the Santa Cecilia conservatory in Rome, Italy. Last year, Hersi came third in the Festivali i Këngës 51 with her entry Kush Ta Dha Këtë Emër. This year, Zemerimi I Nje Nate brought her victory in the Albanian national final. Her song is pop-R'n'B with a touch of some rock notes. The song is composed by Genti Lako and lyrics is written by Jorgo Papingji.
If you missed the Albanian final, you can watch it again online in our ESCTV Player!