In tonight's programme from the Enastron Music Hall in Athens. The hosts, the popular television presenters, Mairy Synatsaki and Doretta Papadimitriou presented the five songs that were in contention for EuroSong 2015, a 50/50 mix of Jury and televoting determined that Maria-Elena Kyriakou would represent Greece in the First Semi-Final of the Eurovision Song Contest on Tuesday the 19th of May.
- Crash & Burn sung by C: REAL (Composed by Takis Dimaschis)
- Jazz & Syrtaki sung by Thomai Apergi & Legend (Composed by Christos Papadopoulos and Giannis Sinnis)
- Ela sung by Barrice (Composed by Niclas Olausson & The Beatbox and Victoria Chalkiti)
- Sunshine sung by Shaya Hansen (Composed by Shaya Hansen, Thomas Reil, Jeppe Reil and Marios Psimopoulos)
- One Last Breath sung by Maria-Elena Kyriakou (Composed by Efthivoulos Theoxarous, Maria Elena Kyriakou, Vaggelis Konstantinidis & Evelina Tziora)
About the Show
There were several special guests and performances to mark not only the 60th edition of Europe's Favourite Tv Show, but also the 10th anniversary of the victory by Helena Paparizou who won the contest for Greece in 2005. Apart from Helena Paparizou, there were performances from Loucas Yiorkas (Greece 2011) , Thanos Kalliris (member of the group Bang, who represented Greece in 1987 with the song Stop), and the group One who represented Cyprus in 2002 with the song Gimme, treated the audience to an updated version of their entry.
Last year's entrants for Greece Riskykidd and Freaky Fortune sang Rise Up. Whilst this year's representative for Cyprus, John Karayiannis performed his entry One Thing I Should Have Done.
There was plenty of archive clips featuring past winners and popular songs, accompanied by a dance troupe.
About the Winner
Maria-Elena Kyriakou is of Cypriot origin, and has had a very successful career in Greece and participated in The Voice of Greece. It has always been a dream of hers to perform at the Eurovision Song Contest. She describes One Last Breath, a song she has co-written, as a pop ballad.
You can watch the final of EuroSong 2015 again via our webplayer.