From Armenia to Sweden, Germany is calling in a team of international experts to help decide which song will represent the country at Eurovision 2018 in Lisbon.
German broadcaster NDR has overhauled its national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest. A panel of international experts have been comissioned for 2018. They have been involved in the selection of the six participating artists and now they will assess the songs.
The international jury, along with a special panel and the public, will cast their vote in the German national selection for Eurovision. All members of the international panel have previously been part of national juries for the Eurovision Song Contest.
Who is part of the international panel in Germany?
The international panel in Germany includes artists that have previously participated in the Eurovision Song Contest:
- Margaret Berger finished fourth in the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest for Norway with her song I Feed You My Love.
- Filip Adamo is an entrepreneur working with music, live concerts, theatre and other entertainment. Last year he supported Estonia in Eurovision, before that he worked as a consultant for Sony Music in Sweden as head of their artists in the national selection, Melodifestivalen.
- Einar Bardason from Iceland is a songwriter as well as a music producer. One of his albums was nominated for Album of the Year at the Classic BRIT Award in 2008.
- Typh Barrow is a singer and composed from Belgium and her album, RAW, is one of the best-selling albums in the country.
- Bruno Berberes is a musical director and was the Head of Delegation for France between 2002 and 2012.
- Argyro Christodoulidou is a composer and lyricist from Cyprus with a list of works ranging from operas and film scores to music for theatre productions.
- Mark De Lisser is a vocal coach from London and has more than 25 years experience of working with singers of all genres.
- Tinkara Kovac is a singer and musician from Slovenia. She participated in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2014.
- Henrik Johnsson is a producer and previously worked on the Swedish national selection for Eurovision, Melodifestivalen.
- Rafailas Karpis is an opera singer from Lithuania. He performs with the National Theatre for Opera and Ballet and has appeared on stage in Finland, Sweden, the USA, France and Slovenia.
- Anca Lupes is one of the most experienced professionals in Romania's music industry. She has worked for the press, radio and TV as well as concert promoters and record companies.
- Florent Luyckx is from The Netherlands and is Managing Director of the Q-Group and responsible for the Belgian/Dutch radio stations Q-Music and JOE FM.
- Maria Marcus divides her time between Sweden and Spain. Her songs and productions have sold over four million copies worldwide, including work done on the top-selling albums in Spain and Japan.
- Gore Melian is an award-winning singer, songwriter and producer from Armenia. He previously participated in the Cypriot national selection for Eurovision.
- Rennie Mirro is from Sweden and has appeared in several musicals across the country.
- Helga Möller represented Iceland in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1986, the country's debut, and was part of the group ICY.
- Ruth Lorenzo Pascual represented Spain in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2014 with Dancing In The Rain.
- Sascha Reimann is a musician, actor and rapper and became famous as Ferris MC. Using the stage name Ferris Hilton, he has been a member of Hamburg’s hip-hop and electro-punk band Deichkind since 2008.
- Grzegorz Urban is a Polish composer and pianist. He studied instrumental jazz and popular music in Wroclaw and Krakow, with his focus now on film and classical music.
The German national selection for Eurovision 2018, Unser Lied für Lissabon, will take place on Thursday 22nd February at 20:15 CET.
Further information about the ESC and the German selection is available at www.eurovision.de.