Two semi-finals and a final are the concept of this year's German selection and tonight saw the first semi-final which was broadcast on private TV-channel ProSieben from Cologne. In each of the two semi-finals, Lena performs six songs by different composers of which three advance to the final, decided by 100% televote and sms-vote. However, in each of the three shows, there is a jury of three people commenting on the songs, with no voting rights though.
Today's songs were the following (qualifiers in bold):
- Good News (composed by Audra Mae & Ferras Alquaisi)
- Maybe (composed by Daniel Schaub & Pär Lammers)
- I Like You (composed by Rosi Golan & Johnny McDaid)
- That Again (composed by Stefan Raab)
- Taken By A Stranger (composed by Gus Seyffert, Nicole Morier & Monica Birkenes)
- What Happened To Me (composed by Lena Meyer-Landrut & Stefan Raab)
The jury in tonight's final consisted of Lena's mentor Stefan Raab as chairman, Der Graf from the popular German group Unheilig and Stefanie Kloß, lead singer of Silbermond, another popular German band.
The presenters of the show were Sabine Heinrich and Matthias Opdenhövel who will also be responsible for the next semi-final Monday in a week and for the final on the 18th of February.
Lena won the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest in Oslo with Satellite getting the maximum points both from the televote and the national juries.