In the middle of January, Sofia Nizharadze was announced as the Georgian representative in the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest. After that, a competition was opened, calling for songs both from national and foreign composers. A total of 100 entries have been received, and a jury picked the six best out of these for the national final:
- Never Give In, written by Tinatin Japaridze, Ben Robbins & Billy Livsey
- Call Me, written by Brandon Stone
- Our Word, written by Mikheil Mdinaradze
- a song by Svicka Pick (title yet to be announced)
- For Eternity, written by Carlos Coelho & Andrej Babić
- Shine, written by Hanne Sorvaag, Harry Sommerdahl & Christian Leuzzi
On the 27th of February, Sofia Nizharadze will present all of these songs in a national final, to be broadcast live on GPB's First Channel. The winning entry will be chosen by a combination of televoting and an expert jury.