The songs were announced on ETV's show "Paar" where the Executive Producer of Eesti Laul, Heidy Purga and one of the members of the jury, composer Timo Steiner, presented the list. The finalists are:
- Köök - Üürnik (composed and lyrics by Jaan Pehk & Madis Aesma)
- Lowry - You Ain't What I Need (Lauri Pihlap)
- StereoChemistry - Öösiti Kõndides (Holger Tiik, listen to it here)
- Janne Saar - Too Good For You (Vahur Valgmaa, Janne Saar, listen to it here)
- Traffic - See Päev (Stig Rästa, lyrics by Fred Krieger)
- Sandra Nurmsalu - Rändajad (Sven Lõhmus)
- Ithaka Maria - One Last Dance (Pearu Paulus, Ilmar Laisaar, Alar Kotkas, lyrics by Marya Roxx)
- Chalice - Nelikümmend (Jarek Kasar, listen to it here)
- Rolf Junior - Freedom (Rolf Roosalu, Maian-Anna Kärmas, listen to the song here)
- Laura - Destiny (Sven Lõhmus)
The returners are Laura who has taken part several times in the national selection and also represented Estonia at the Eurovision Song Contest in the band Suntribe. Sven Lõhmus is the mastermind behind that entry and also has takes part in the selection for years.
Lowry (performer's name of Lauri Pihlap) was one of the members of 2XL who won the 2001 Eurovision Song Contest together with Dave Benton and Tanel Padar. The lyricist of that song, Maian-Anna Kärmas, features also this year.
The creative group behind Ithaka Maria's song have created the popular Estonian entries Once In A Lifetime (2000), Runaway (2002) and Through My Window (2006). Their chosen singer has also participated in the Estonian national selection in the past. Rolf Junior took part in last year's selection, as did Traffic.
The jury consisted of Timo Steiner (composer), Owe Petersell (radio host), Siim Nestor (journalist), Toomas Puna (radio host), Erik Morna (radio host), Ingrid Kohtla (press officer of the Estonian MTV), Kaupo Karelson (TV producer), Valner Valme (journalist), Sten Sheripov (musician), Koit Raudsepp (radio host) and Helen Sildna (concert manager).
The first preview show will be held on the 7th of February, following three more shows in the consecutive Saturdays and a final on the 7th of March.