The decision was reached by a 50/50 combination of a jury vote and televoting. Viewers could vote by phone, SMS and for the first time also by voting online, which viewers around the world could also vote,. The results produced the following six qualifiers (in bold) out of the twelve songs performed this evening.
The programme was presented by Ēriks Loks and Nauris Brikmanis.
- Dejo Tā sung by DJ Dween & Sabīne Berezina
- Bučas sung by Crazy Dolls
- I’m Happy sung by Tamara Rutkovska
- Here I Am Again sung by Niko
- I’ve Got sung by Ivo Grīsniņš Grīslis
- Cake To Bake sung by Aarzemnieki
- Just Stop sung by Oskars Deigelis
- Stay sung by Samanta Tina
- Going All The Way sung by MyRadiantU
- I Can Breathe sung by Aminata Savadogo
- I Need More sung by Dāvis Matskins
- Saule Riet (Take Away) sung by Olga & Līgo
As well as the artists competing in the contest, there were various guest artists, including Sinplus who represented Switzerland in the 2012 contest, plus the Dzelzs Vilks, Gapoljeri and diamond hip hop performer Pikaso.
Tomorrow night the second semi-final will take place, and six more songs will qualify, and complete the line-up for the final to be held on the 22nd of February.