The Moldovan national selection has officially kicked off tonight with its first semi-final. It was an entertaining evening show, with lots of special effects featured in the performances of the 12 candidate acts. Learn who has qualified tonight and thus made it to the final, to be broadcast live on Eurovision.tv on Saturday 27 February!
The following acts have qualified in tonight's first semi-final in Moldova by a joint vote of the TV viewers and an expert jury:
- Maxim Zavidia (televoting winner)
- Valeria Paşa (jury winner)
- Doiniţa Gherman
- Valentin Uzun
- Emilia Russu (additional televoting qualifier, chosen after the show)
The professional jury was introduced before the first act entered the stage. The public got to see some quite elaborate performances, featuring modern knights in armour in Doiniţa Gherman's cheerful act, Che-MD mixing folk music elements and costumes (including a sword!) with rock sounds, a pyro effect launched from a trumpet in Valentin Uzun's ethnic entry, and Valeria Paşa performing on a turning pedestal where she was joined by her backing vocalists during the final of her strong self-written soul ballad.
This was the running order of tonight's show:
- Doiniţa Gherman - Irresistible
- Valentina Nejel - Va fi târziu
- Valeria Paşa - Save Love
- Emilia Russu - I Am Not The Same
- Che-MD - Vodă e cu noi
- Chris Maroo - Tonight
- Valentin Uzun - Mine
- Chriss Jeff - Good Life
- DoReDoS - FunnyFolk
- Viola - In The Name Of Love
- Maxim Zavidia - La La Love
- PRIZA - Rewind
You can listen to all Moldovan entries on TRM web site.Gallery: Participants in the first Moldovan semi-final
From each semi-final seven acts are selected by a joint decision of a professional jury and televoting. If there is a tie between two or more candidates, it is the jury panel who will decide who they want to see in the final. The eighth qualifier from each semi-final is chosen solely by the TV viewers and will be announced after the show.
The winner of the Moldovan national final will be chosen by a combined decision (50/50) of an expert jury and televoting.
Hosts and guests in the shows
Tonight’s show was hosted by Gloria Gorceag and Sergiu Bezniţchi. Aliona Moon, who represented Moldova in the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest, was one of the special guests tonight. One of her performances was a new version of her entry O Mie - with a live rock band!
Watch on Thursday: The Second Semi-Final
In the second semi-final in 25th February, the following artists will compete:
- Rodica şi Ivan Aculov - Stop Lying
- Lidia Isac - Falling Stars
- Cristina Pintilie - Picture Of Love
- Diana Brescan - Till The End
- Max Fall feat. Dan Vozniuc & Malloy - Game Lover
- Andrei Ioniţa & Onoffrei – Lie
- Felicia Dunaf - You And Me
- Nadia Moşneagu – Memories
- Big Flash Sound - Când vrei
- Anna Gulko - Never Let Go
- Beatrice - Saved My Heart For You
- Vitalie Todiraşcu - Belladonna
The second semi-final will be hosted by Mihaela Crânov and Sergiu Bezniţchi. The Moldovan band Gândul Mâței will come to support the competitors and entertain public.
You can watch the show live on the TRM website, starting at 18:40 CET.Gallery: Participants in the second Moldovan semi-final