First four finalists chosen in Hungary13 February 2016 at 22:42 CET
In tonight's first semi-final, the following four acts have qualified for the final of A Dal 2016:
- Gergő Oláh
- Kállay Saunders Band
- Mushu (televoting choice)
This was the complete line-up of the show (in order of appearance, jury votes given in brackets):
- Reni Tolvai – Fire (33 points)
- Petruska – Trouble in My Mind (43 points)
- Szilvia Agárdi – It Is Love (39 points)
- B the First – You Told Me That You Loved Me (35 points)
- Gergő Oláh – Győz a jó (42 points)
- Benji – Kötéltánc (33 points)
- Kállay Saunders Band – Who We Are (41 points)
- Karmapolis & Böbe Szécsi – Hold On To (35 points)
- Mushu – Uncle Tom (39 points) - televoters' choice
One of the two new special prizes of A Dal 2016, the title Best Newcomer of A Dal was given out by the on-screen jury - it went to Petruska, tonight's first placed act.
The final of A Dal 2016 will be broadcast on February 27th, and you can watch it live on Eurovision.tv.Gallery: A Dal 2016: The First Semi-Final
A Dal - which means The Song - is a popular national selection format developed by the Hungarian public service broadcaster. Already for the fifth time, it serves as a platform to select the Hungarian entry for the Eurovision Song Contest. Since A Dal has been introduced as the Hungarian national selection method for the Eurovision Song Contest in 2012, it has proved to be not only a successful TV show but also an important new platform to introduce artists, bands and composers to a large audience.
The Math behind the Voting
The voting procedure is as follows:
- From each heat (quarter final) the jury votes have picked the best 5 acts. After the jury voted, televoting qualified 1 more act from the 5 that had not been chosen by the jury.
- In each semi-final, out of 9 respective acts, 3 will first be selected by the jury. Then televoting chooses 1 more act from the 6 that have not been chosen by the jury.
- In the final, out of the 8 acts, the jury will select 4 to go to the super-final, where televoting decides the winner.
Note that in every instance of jury voting, televoting will also make up 20% of the result - the TV viewers are counted like a "fifth juror".
The TV viewers can vote through the app, A Dal website or text messages.
Csilla Tatár and Levente Harsányi were the presenters of the show. A joint decision of the expert jury, consisting of Zséda, Pierrot, Károly Frenreisz and Miklós Both, and the TV public chose the qualifiers. You can find more detailed information about the voting above. In the interval, Második Műszak feat. Mező Misi performed.
Next Saturday: The second semi-final
The following artists and songs will compete in the second semi-final on 20 February:
- André Vásáry – Why
- ByTheWay – Free To Fly
- Egy Másik Zenekar – Kéne közös kép
- Freddie (Gábor Alfréd Fehérvári) – Pioneer
- Laci Gáspár – Love And Bass
- Nika – Emlékkép
- Olivér Berkes & Andi Tóth – Seven Seas
- Parno Graszt – Már nem szédülök
- Passed – Driftin'
The semi-final of A Dal 2016 will be broadcast live on 20 February at 19:40 CET on Duna and Duna World and online at www.mediaklikk.hu/adal with Csilla Tatár and Levente Harsányi as hosts.Gallery: A Dal 2016: The Second Semi-Final