Skip to main content

Finland 2024: All 7 'UMK' songs now released

19 January 2024 at 08:00 CET
Käärijä rehearsing Cha Cha Cha for Finland at Liverpool Arena Sarah Louise Bennett / EBU
Ahead of Finland's Eurovision pre-selection 'Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu' ('UMK') happening in February, all 7 competing entries have now been released.
The 7 stars competing in Finland's UMK 2024 Nelli Kenttä & Miska Voinoff

At the start of January the Finnish broadcaster YLE gave us the names to get excited about. Now we've got the songs to get listening to on repeat as well! 

On Saturday 10 February, Tampere’s Nokia Arena will host the one-night pre-selection to find Finland's entry to the 68th Eurovision Song Contest in Malmö. At UMK, 7 songs will compete for the honour of flying that Finnish flag in 2024.

The Finnish entry to the Eurovision Song Contest in May will follow on from the Nordic nation's memorable showing at the 2023 Contest in Liverpool. There, Käärijä earned his country a second-place finish at the Grand Final - Finland's second-best ever result at the Contest.

Broadcaster YLE has lined up an impressive selection of artists to succeed him, however; with each of them having already carved out successful music careers for themselves at home in Finland. 

You can learn more about the 7 participating artists right here. Let's take a listen to the songs they'll be competing with: 

Cyan Kicks – Dancing With Demons

Sexmane – Mania

Sara Siipola – Paskana

Jesse Markin – Glow

Windows95man No Rules

Sini Sabotage – Kuori mua

Mikael Gabriel x nublu – Vox Populi

When UMK returns to our screens for one night on Saturday 10 February, it will be hosted by Benjamin Peltonen, Pilvi Hämäläinen and Viivi Pumpanen.

The show will be broadcast live on Yle TV1, Yle Areena, and Yle’s radio channels. During the live broadcast, the Finnish public can vote for their favourite song. Each entry will also be scored by an international jury with industry professionals from 7 different Eurovision countries. The public vote will account for 75% of the final score, and the panel will contribute the remaining 25%.


 

The Eurovision Song Contest will take place in Malmö, Sweden on Tuesday 7 May (First Semi-Final), Thursday 9 May (Second Semi-Final) and Saturday 11 May (Grand Final) 2024.

Don't forget to download our app (for iOSAndroid), sign up to the official Eurovision Song Contest newsletter, and subscribe to the official podcast!