After several years of internal selections, Serbian broadcaster RTS has announced that it is returning to a national final for Eurovision 2018.
The final of Beovizija 2018, the Serbian national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest, will take place in the second half of February. It is the first time in nine years that a national selection will be held to determine the Serbian Eurovision entry.
2018 acts revealed
75 applications for 2018 Eurovision Song Contest were received in Serbia. In total the final of Beovizija 2018 will feature the following 17 acts:
- Neither Sun, Nor Moon – Ivan Kurtić
- You're Gone – Rambo Amadeus and Beti Đorđević
- Fairy – Boris Režak
- The Rose of Destiny – Danijel Pavlović
- Our Children - Sanja Ilić and Balkanika
- If Only I Knew – Srđan Marijanović
- Wake Up – Osmi Vazduh and Friends
- Under The Locust Tree - Dušan Svilar
- Song for You – Saška Janković
- This Morning (Wedding Guests) – Biber and DJ Niko Bravo
- Because – Koktel Balkan
- Tired - BASS
- The Strongest of All – Lana and Aldo
- Let's Dance Now – SevdahBABY
- Wonderland – Maja Nikolić
- Just Let It Turn – Lord
- Get Away From Me – Igor Lazarević
One of the acts, Rambo Amadeus, represented neighbouring Montenegro in the Eurovision Song Contest in 2012:
Serbia in the Eurovision Song Contest
Serbia is a relative newcomer to the Eurovision Song Contest, entering as an independent country in 2007 and winning with its first attempt, Molitva, performed by Marija Šerifović. Serbia hosted the Eurovision Song Contest in Belgrade in 2008. Last year Tijana Bogićević represented Serbia in the Eurovision Song Contest with In Too Deep. Read more about Serbia in Eurovision.