The Portuguese national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest in Copenhagen, Festival Da Canção 2014, consists of one semi-final and the final, both held at the Convento do Beato in Lisbon. Ten composers were invited by RTP and they chose the performers for their songs. In the end, the following five made it to the final:
This was the line-up in tonight's semi-final (qualifiers in bold):
- Catarina Pereira - Mea Culpa (Andrej Babic & Carlos Coelho)
- Ivo Lucas - Eu Vou (João Só)
- Zana - Nas Asas da Sorte (Paulo Abreu Lima e Jan Van Dijck)
- Carla Ribeiro - Mais Para Dar (Marina Ferraz & Hélder Godinho)
- Ricardo Afonso - Emoção (Ricardo Afonso, Luís Fernando & Rui Fingers)
- Rui Andrade - Ao Teu Encontro (Rui Andrade & Marc Paelinck)
- Lara Afonso - O Teu Segredo (João Matos & Miguel Ferrador)
- Raquel Guerra - Sonhos Roubados (Nuno Marques da Silva & Nuno Feist)
- Madalena Trabuco - Coração de Filigrana (TóZé Santos)
- Susy - Quero Ser Tua (Como A Lua É Do Luar) (Emanuel)
The winners tonight will compete next Saturday to represent Portugal in Copenhagen.
2014 will mark 50 years since Portugal first appeared in the contest in 1964, and tonight's programme included a nostalgic look back at previous songs that had partiicpated in the Portuguese finals.