Last week the names of the candidate songs in Portugal's Festival da Canção 2012 were announced. This competition has traditionally been used as the Portuguese national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest.
It was also confirmed that, as fado has been added to the World Heritage list of the UNESCO, the songs in this year's Festival will be in that music genre.
The twelve participant acts that took part tonight in the 2012 Festival da Canção are (winner in bold):
- Ricardo Soler - Gratia Plena (Nuno Feist & Nuno Marques da Silva)
- Pedro Macedo - Outono Em Forma De Gente (Pedro Marques, Daniela Varela & Jaime Oliveira)
- Tó Martins - Amanhã Começa O Meu Futuro (Tozé Brito)
- Gerson Santos - Redescobrir Portugal (Tozé Santos)
- Joana Leite - O Amor É Maior Que A Vida (Tiago Dias & Mariza Liz)
- Palmela Salvado - Fica A Saudade (Miguel Gameiro)
- Cúmplice's - Será O Que Será (J. J. Galvão & Rui Filipe Reis)
- Arménio Pimenta - Um Poema Na Bagagem (Menito Ramos)
- Carlos Costa - Queres Que Eu Dance (João Só)
- Vânia Osório - O Mundo Passa (Armando Teixeira)
- Rui Andrade - Amor A Preto E Branco (Miguel Majer & Inês Vaz)
- Filipa Sousa - Vida Minha (Andrej Babic & Carlos Coelho)
This content is unfortunately no longer available
The winner of Festival da Canção 2012, Filipa Sousa, will represent Portugal in the second Semi-Final of the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest in Baku on the 24th of May with the song Vida Minha.