Eurovision concert held in Portugal08 September 2012 at 02:30 CEST
The gala evening kicks off on Saturday 8th of September at 21:00 GMT at the Auditorio José Afonso in Setubal under the presentation of Pedro Penim, Natalia Abreu and Pedro Granger and it features an impressive line-up of singers that have participated in the Eurovision Song Contest in the past:
- Eurovision Song Contest winners Katrina Leskanich and Niamh Kavanagh. Katrina & The Waves were the UK winners in 1997 with Love Shine A Light and Niamh won on behalf of Ireland with In Your Eyes in 1993 and represented her country again in 2010 singing It's For You.
- Sirusho who gave Armenia their best placing to date when Qele Qele came 4th.
- Natalia Barbu who took Moldova to a Top 10 placement in 2007 with Fight.
- And Dora, who represented Portugal twice in the contest, in 1986 with Não Sejas Mão Pra Mim and in 1988 with Voltarei.
Performing as well are the following participants from the 2012 Eurovision in Baku:
- Estonia's Ott Lepland who placed 6th with Kuula.
- From Moldova Pasha Parfeny, the singer of Lăutar.
- The Dutch Joan Franka who sang You And Me.
- From Cyprus Eleftheria Eleftheriou, who represented Greece with Aphrodisiac.
- Portugal's own performer of Vida Minha, Filipa Sousa.
- The Swiss Unbreakable band Sinplus.
- From Belarus Litesound, performers of We Are The Heroes.
Besides, the following Portugese singers will also sing in the concert:
- Rui Andrade, Gerson Santos, Vânia Osório and Ricardo Soler, participants from the 2012 Festival Da Canção, the Portuguese selection for the Eurovision Song Contest along with Carla Ribeiro and Ana Laíns.
Last night, Simone De Oliveira performed a recital in the same auditorium. Simone represented Portugal twice in 1965 with Sol de Inverno and in 1969 with Desfolhada Portuguesa.
A team of Eurovision.tv will attend the concert and tell you all about it, so stay tuned!