Estonian national final hopefuls revealed25 January 2008 at 15:31 CET
The first five songs were chosen after a public submission, for which 58 songs were submitted. The last five were entered by invited song writers.
- Iiris Vesik - Ice-cold Story (song by Riine Pajusaar)
- Ines - It's Never Too Late (song by Imre Sooäär & Riina Kindlam)
- Rolf Junior - One On One (song by Vahur Valgmaa)
- SKA Faktor - Real Big Money (song by Taavi Otsus)
- Kristjan Kasearu & Paradise Crew - Üksinduses (song by Madis Muul & Kristjan Kasearu)
- Kreisiraadio - Leto Svet (song by Priit Pajusaar, Glen Pilvre, Peeter Oja, Hannes Võrno & Tarmo Leinatamm)
- Birgit Õigemeel - 365 Days (song by Pearu Paulus, Alar Kotkas, Ilmar Laisaar & Jana Hallas)
- Taavi Peterson - Question Man (song by Rein Rannap & Karl-Martin Sinijärv)
- Supernova - Stefani (song by Rainer Michelson & Hendrik Sal-Saller)
- Luisa Värk & Margus Vaher - God Inside Your Soul (Elmar Liitmaa & Liis Lass)
The Estonian national final features several highlights. Ines represented Estonia at the 2000 Eurovision Song Contest, reaching a fourth with Once In A Lifetime. Birgit Õigemeel won the 2007 edition of Estonian Pop Idol. Kreisiraadio is one of Estonia's most popular theatre sketch groups, and can expect support from the older generation according to local Eurolaul fans.
To date, Estonian contestants never managed to qualify for the Final of the Eurovision Song Contest. After the country's re-declared independence in 1991, Estonia quickly joined the Eurovision Song Contest and sent its first representative in 1994. In 2001, Tanel Padar and Dave Benton won the contest for the country with Everybody and brought the 2002 edition to Tallinn.