In today's daily roundup show, Ringvaade, the Executive Producer of Eesti Laul, Heidy Purga released the list of the qualifiers.
The lucky qualifiers
- Tanja - Amazing - Written by Timo Vendt & Tatjana Mihhailova
- Sofia Rubina - City Lights - Priit Juurmann, Sofia Rubina
- Maltised - Elu - Jakko Maltis
- MiaMee - Fearful Heart - Liina Saar, Liisi Koikson
- The Titles - Flame - Rasmus Lill, Markus Rafael Nylund
- Sandra Nurmsalu - Kui Tuuled Pöörduvad - Sven Lõhmus
- August Hunt - Kus On EXIT? - August Hunt
- Norman Salumäe - Search - Norman Salumäe
- Traffic - Für Elise - Stig Rästa, Silver Laas
- Brigita Murutar - Laule Täis Taevakaar - Rainer Michelson, Feliks Kütt
- Lauri Pihlap - Lootus - Lauri Pihlap (watch)
- VÖÖRAD - Maailm On Hull - Priit Uustulnd, Meiko Umal
- Super Hot Cosmos Blues Band - Maybe-Maybe - Mati Sütt, Janno Reim (watch)
- Nion - Muud Pole Vaja - Karl Kanter, Keit Triisa, Marilyn Jurman (watch)
- Wilhelm - Resignal - Lauri Kadalipp (listen)
- Nimmerschmidt - Sandra - Fredy Schmidt, Andero Nimmer, Merilyn Merisalu (listen)
- Maiken - Siin Või Sealpool Maad - Kadri Koppel
- State of Zoe - Solina - Anneliis Kits, Sander Mölder
- Kõrsikud - Tule Ja Jää - Kõrsikud
- Lenna - Supernoova - Mihkel Raud (watch)
This content is unfortunately no longer available
Out of this year's qualifiers, Sandra Nurmsalu and Lenna have already experience from the Eurovision Song Contest as singers. The first having represented Estonia in 2009 with Rändajad and Lenna carrying the Swiss flag in 2005 with Vanilla Ninja's Cool Vibes. The author of Sandra's song, Sven Lõhmus, has also written three songs that have competed for Estonia - Suntribe's Let's Get Loud (2005), Sandra Nurmsalu's Rändajad (2009) and Getter Jaani's Rockefeller Street (2011).
Lauri Pihlap was a member of 2XL who won the Eurovision Song Contest the last time it was held in Denmark, in 2001 with Tanel Padar and Dave Benton's Everybody.
Sofia Rubina, August Hunt, Norman Salumäe, Tanja Mihhailova, Traffic, Liisi Koikson and Kõrsikud have all taken part previously in the Estonian national selection but have not managed to win it yet. Kadri Koppel has also taken part in the previous Estonian selection format, Eurolaul and is the vocal coach of Ott Lepland who finished sixth at the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest.
The jury who picked the qualifiers included Maarja-Liis Ilus (represented Estonia at the Eurovision Song Contest in 1996 and 1997), Janek Murd (musician), Erik Morna (Radio 2’s Head of Music), Siim Nestor (music critic), Kaupo Karelson (producer), Valner Valme (music critic), Tauno Aints (composer), Ingrid Kohtla (music editor), Owe Petersell (Editor in Chief of Radio Elmar), Toomas Punas (Programme Director of Radio Sky+), Kostja Tsõbulevski (musician).
This year's show will be held on the 14th, 21st of February with the final on the 1st of March.
Last year Estonia's Birgit Õigemeel finished 20th with her song Et Uus Saaks alguse.
This year a record breaking number of 188 songs were sent in to the organisers by the deadline. The format of Eesti Laul has been a runaway success with Estonia qualifying for the Final of the contest four times in the last five years.