In 12 days time, all of Denmark's eyes will be on the town of Herning where on the 26th of January, 10 songs will compete in Dansk Melodi Grand Prix to represent their country at the forthcoming Eurovision Song Contest in Malmö, Sweden.
Also, in just two days we will find out the names of the acts that will compete for this prestigious honour.
Before then, however, we can reveal the five members of the professional jury who represent a massive 50% of the entire vote, with the Danish public deciding the other 50%. In a previous article we already revealed DMGP veteran Jørgen de Mylius as one of the members but now we can reveal the other four, all of whom represent a wealth of knowledge and experience in Danish music industry.
The five jury members are:
- Jørgen de Mylius - Previous host, organiser and commentator for DMGP
- Lis Sørensen - Danish superstar with hits such as Mine øjne de skal se.
- Maria Lucia - Won the talent competition Popstars in 2003 and has had much success since.
- Cutfather - Produced hits such as Morrison's Return Of The Mac and Jamelia's Superstar.
- Kato - Songwriter and producer, having remixed and written for a number of Danish arists.
DR's Jan Lagermand Ludme is satisfied with this jury choice saying, "the jury that we have put together represents a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience, with a professional approach to music and a feel for what is happening in the world of music".
Denmark's national selection, Dansk Melodi Grand Prix is one of the longest running in the history of the Eurovision Song Contest and still one of the most watched shows annually. On Wednesday, DR and Eurovision.tv will announce the participants of this year's show, which takes place in Herning on the 26th of January.
Denmark will participate in the first Semi-Final of the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest in Malmö, Sweden on the 14th of May.