After twelve preliminary heats and one semi-final, the Bulgarian representative for the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest was finally picked tonight. This also marked the end of the EuroBGvision project, one of the most extensive national finals in the history of the Eurovision Song Contest. During the interval act of tonight's show, the winner of the 2004 Eurovision Song Contest, Ruslana, was performing while the TV public could decide on the winner by televoting.
Here are the full results (percentages of the televotes):
- Deep Zone & Balthazar - DJ, Take Me Away - 15,37%
- Georgi Hristov & Gianni Fiorellino - Sogno - 15,27%
- Nikolai Manolov - Po-dobre - 12,98%
- Dani Milev - Svetlinata i Mraka - 11,54%
- Vlado & Svetlio - Tired Soul - 11,26%
- Nevena - Ne Izchezvai - 9,63%
- Dessy Dobreva - StronG - 9,60%
- Ivailo Kolev - Should've Been The One - 3,76%
- Generation - Running Scared - 3,14%
- Ivan & Stani - You Are Magic - 3,06%
- Simona Sivanio - Obeshtai Mi - 2,33%
- Te & Preslava Peicheva - Tazi Vecher - 2,06%
The winner is...
The televoting ended with a very tight result: Only a very small margin was between first placed Deep Zone & Balthazar and second placed Georgi Hristov & Gianni Fiorellino. The winning song DJ, Take Me Away is an energetic dance track, the fast rhythm of which is interrupted by several slower parts, sung by a young female singer. The stage performance features a lot of dancing and running on stage, which fits the song very well.
Bulgaria will compete in the Second Semi-Final of the 2008 Eurovision Song Contest on the 22nd of May.