Daily Digest: The rehearsal machine is in full swing29 April 2018 at 21:30 CEST
Just got home and missed out on everything that happened in Lisbon on the first day of rehearsals? Here are the stories to catch up on:
- Azerbaijan's Aisel first up on the 2018 Eurovision stage
- Iceland's Ari Ólafsson takes the stage for his first rehearsal
- Lithuania's Ieva takes the rehearsal stage for the first time
- Belgium's Sennek presents intimate staging for 'A Matter Of Time'
- Albania's Eugent Bushpepa rocks the stage at first rehearsal
- Czech Republic's Mikolas Josef wraps up first rehearsal
- Israel's Eurovision hope Netta wraps up first rehearsal
- Nothing lasts forever: ALEKSEEV finished his 30-minute rehearsal
- Estonia's Elina projects confidence as she sparkles on stage
- EQUINOX concludes rehearsal day with 'Bones' on stage
Jon Ola Sand, Executive Supervisor of the Eurovision Song Contest on behalf of the EBU, is closely following the rehearsals from the production hub in front of the stage:
Czech singer Mikolas Josef hurt his back while doing some of the acrobatics that are a part of his act during today's rehearsal. A doctor has seen him on site and recommended he visit a local hospital as a precaution. We will of course let you know if we have more news.
If you don't want to miss out on more exclusives from behind the scenes, don't forget to check out our Instagram Story!
By the way; if you tweet about Eurovision using the hashtags #Eurovision, #ESC2018 or #Eurovision2018 your hashtag will automatically be complemented with the Eurovision heart emoji. As of later this week, the hashtag #AllAboard will trigger a surprise emoji. During the live shows you can use #12points to show an emoji of the winner's trophy.
Tomorrow, the other nine countries taking part in the first Semi-Final will reveal their acts on the Eurovision 2018 stage.