The entry was chosen via a televote this time in a fifteen-minute voting window after everyone had performed. Sarbel was the special guest star and he will be performing two of his hit songs. He was the Greek entry for Europe's favorite TV-show back in 2007 in Helsinki with his Yassou Maria.
The participants who tried to get the chance to represent their homeland were:
- Tefkros Neocleous - Mary - Written by Tefkros Neocleous - 2161 votes
- Christina Metaxa - Firefly - Written by Nikolas Metaxas - 12 309 votes
- Marlain Angelidou and The Diesel Sister - Mr One Night Stand - Written by Marlain Angelidou - 2526 votes
- Marian Georgiou - Heartbeat - Composed by Dionissis Stamatopoulos, lyrics by Androulla Michail - 1535 votes
- Alexandros Panayi - There Is Love - Written by Alexandros Panayi - 3305 votes
- Zel - I’m Gonna Break Up With You - Composed by Nikos Evangelou, lyrics by Tefkros Neocleous - 3338 votes
- Pieros Kezou - Bleed 4 U - Written by Pieros Kezou - 6590 votes
- Christiana Theokli, Kostantina Georgiou, Andreas Christofrou - Moving On - Composed by Yiogos Sinnos, lyrics by Christina Georgiou - 3737 votes
- Katerina Neocleous - I Believe - Written by Katerina Neocleous - 1992 votes
- Gore Melian - I Wanna Thank You - Written by Gore Melian - 3877 votes
In the end Christina Metaxa won with Firefly, getting almost twice as much votes as the second place song Bleed 4 U by Pieros Kezeou.
Christina Metaxas is only 16 years old and comes from Lemesos. The song Firefly was written and composed by her brother Nikolas. Nikolas is 20 years old and is currently a contestant on the Greek show The X-Factor. Nikolas is a musician and song-writer and came second in last year’s Cypriot national selection final.
As well as writing and composing songs, Christina dances and is involved with her school’s drama and musical productions. She also plans to publish her first book which includes four children’s stories and does art in her spare time.
Cyprus did not qualify for the Final of last year's Eurovision Song Contest with Evdokia Kadi's Femme Fatale. This year they'll be taking the stage in the Second Semi-Final to compete for a place in the Final.