Through its popular tv format ‘Dora’, both the Croatian audience and jury decided that Roko will be its representative at the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest in Tel Aviv. Roko is set to perform his song ‘The Dream’ in the second half of the second Semi-Final on the 16th of May.
'The Dream' has been written by Jacques Houdek, Croatia's participant at the 2017 Eurovision Song Contest.
Roko Blažević was born in 2001 in the Dalmatian town of Split and has been raised in a very musical family. Next to singing, he plays the piano and the organ. From the age of twelve he pursued a musical career as a singer by joining a local singing group. Ever since, he has successfully competed in various talent shows like the Imagine Belgium Festival in Brussels and the popular Croatian tv show Zvjezde (Stars) where his mentor was Jacques Houdek. Roko also competed in the Serbian tv show Pinkove Zvezdice (The Stars of Pink) and won.
For the first time since 2010, Croatia brought back their national selection Dora. The show was hosted by Iva Šulentić, Jelena Lešić and Mirko Fodor and took place at the Marino Cvetković Sports Hall in Opatija.
Franka opened the show with her 2018 Eurovision Song Contest entry Crazy. Vanna, who represented Croatia in 2001 with Strings of My Heart, also took to the stage.
The winner was decided by both the audience as well as a jury panel (50/50). Roko became Croatia's representative at the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest and was awarded the special Dora winner trophy.
The running order:
- Bojan Jambrošić & Danijela Pintarić – Vrijeme predaje
- Jelena Bosančić – Tell Me
- Kim Verson – Nisam to što žele
- Jure Brkljača – Ne postojim kad nisi tu
- Beta Sudar – Don’t Give Up
- Lea Mijatović – Tebi pripadam
- Gelato Sisters – Back To That Swing
- Luka Nižetić – Brutalero
- Elis Lovrić – All I Really Want
- Domenica – Indigo
- Roko – The Dream (WINNER)
- Ema Gagro – Redemption
- Lidija Bačić Lille – Tek je počelo
- Lorena Bućan – Tower of Babylon
- Bernarda Bruno – I Believe In True Love
- Manntra – In the shadows