Croatia: Final line-up now complete27 February 2009 at 23:04 CET
Back in late 2008, Croatian broadcaster HRT made a public call for the submission of songs to participate in the Dora 2009 semi final. From the entries submitted, a jury chose the 14 which made up tonights shortlist.
A further ten songs already have an automatic place in tomorrows final. These were invited directly by the broadcaster, who chose authors of the most aired songs according to data compiled by the Croatian Composers Society.
Tonight's semi final show was held in the Cristal Hall in the Kvarner Hotel in Opatija. The hosts were Duško Ćurlić and Nevena Rendeli. The aim of the semi final was to whittle down the 14 semi finalists, and decide which six songs would progress to tomorrows final. The show was opened by the Lado national song and dance ensemble of Croatia who performed the act Tanaz. After the 14 acts had performed, the 1976 Eurovision Song Contest winners Brotherhood of Man took to the stage where they performed their winning entry Save Your Kisses For Me. The Songs in order of presentation were :- (Qualifiers in Bold)
- Tomislav Bralić & Klapa Intrade - Ne Damo Te Pismo Naša (14 points)
- Ivo Gamulin Gianni - Daj Mi Jedan Razlog (13 points)
- Mario Battifiaca - Me gdje bila (12 points)
- Feminnem - Poljupci u boji (11 points)
- Dražen Žanko - Samo Ti (10 points)
- Čager Zoc & Papak Dance Company - Ritam Da Se Ritam (9 points)
- Marko Tolja - Stranci (8 points)
- Sane - Dečko (7 points)
- Alen Vitasović & Lela Kaplowitz - Tamo Gdje Ljubav Počinje (6 points)
- Ricardo Luque & Maja - Ljubav Ima Njeno Lice (5 points)
- Jelena Radan - Voljet Cú Te Sutra (4 points)
- Sandra Bugaric - Kao jedno (3 points)
- Maja Vučić - Tebe Imam Ja (2 points)
- Marta Kuliš - Makni Se (1 point)
These chosen six songs will join the following ten songs in the same venue in tomorrow evenings final, which are the ones directly invited by broadcaster HRT:
Viva - Opet
Ana Bebić - Mrzim Spore Stvari
Franka Batelic - Pjesma Za Kraj
Aria - Istina Je
Ruswaj - Što Će Mi Ljubav
Igor Cukrov - Lijepa Tena
Hari Rončević & Bravo - Još Uvik
Denis Dumančić - Srce Moram Seliti
Danijela Pintarić - Zlatna Rijeka
Mio Lešina - Zaljubljena
The winner of the Dora 2009 will be chosen by a mixture of a jury and televoting. Croatia will this year take part in the Second Semi Final of Europe's favourite TV-show on Thursday 14th May in Moscow.
Croatia has been participating in the Eurovision Song Contest as an independent nation since 1993. Their best result to date is 4th place which was achieved by Maja Blagdan with the song Sveta Ljubav in 1996 in Oslo, and also by Doris Dragovic in 1999 in Jerusalem with Marija Magdalena. Croatia also won the very first edition of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2003 when Dino Jelusić took the title in Copenhagen with his catchy song Ti Si Moja Prva Ljubav.