With a special show on the 7th of February, the local Bulgarian Eurovision Song Contest campaign officially kicked off which will culminate in a national final to be held on the 28th of February. Then, the Bulgarian audience will vote for their favourite song to select the 2010 Bulgarian entry in a televised show on national broadcaster BNT. 5 songs have been selected to compete in this event-
Here is a list of the songs participating which will all be performed by Miro (composers in brackets):
- Eagle (Yassen Kozev and Krum Georgiev)
- Moyat Pogled V Teb (group D2 and Garo)
- Twist & Tango (Danne Attlerud, Thomas Törnholm, Michael Claus and Petar Panov)
- Ostani (Naiden Andreev, Iv & Petrov and Vesselin Karaatanasov)
- Angel Si Ti (Miro, Mihail Mihailov, Georgi Andreev and Gordon Davis)
In the presentation show, it was also made known that Miro is actively searching for backing vocalists and dancers to become a part of Miro's team in Oslo, Norway with applications to be submitted to [email protected] until the 12th of February.
Bulgaria has been participating in the Eurovision Song Contest since 2005, but has only managed to qualify for the grand final once - in the 2007 Eurovision Song Contest in Helsinki when Elitsa Todorova & Stoyan Yankulov landed on a respectable 5th place with their song Water.