Here at Eurovision.tv we realise that you, the fans, are an integral part of the Eurovision Song Contest experience. As such, we need you to help us spread the message to an eager public, thirsty for more information and opinion about the competition.
How can you help?
By BLOGGING! This is the perfect opportunity for you to let other fans and interested people know your opinions about the songs and the event. Maybe you have some otherwise unknown insight into the artists and composers, or maybe you want to take a slightly more philosophical and informed look at the entries, rehearsals or even the history of Europe's Favourite TV Show? Whatever it is you want to write, there will be people who want to read it!
How do you blog?
If you would like to blog and haven't done so already, then all you need to do is sign up to MyEurovision. Just choose a username, password and enter a few details then hey presto, you have a profile! Remember to fill it out with some information about yourself, maybe a picture and where you come from.
Now that you have a profile, you need to know how to write a blog. My Eurovision has been designed to make it as easy as possible to write. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Go to Eurovisionfamily.tv and sign in.
- You will now be redirected to your profile page and will see a menu of options on the right hand side.
- Click on "Edit/write blog", which will take you to a blank form.
- Fill out the title of your blog.
- To make your blog more interesting, it might be an idea to upload a photo relating to your blog topic.
- Under "Your Story", write your blog entry.
- To make your blog more visible to the readers it is a good idea to enter some keywords relating to your story under "Tags".
- Make sure you read our guidelines and then press the "Publish Story" button to release your blog to the world!
Some tips on writing a blog entry
In addition to our guidelines as mentioned above, it is worth while taking the below into account when writing your blog.
- We love it when you express your opinions about the songs but make sure you don't just write a list of your top ten; go into more detail about why you like a certain entry for example.
- People from all over Europe and the world will look at your blog, so make sure it is written clearly.
- Being clear doesn't mean being boring. Make sure your blogs are concise and descriptive to keep the reader interested.
- We also love reactions here so make sure you ask open questions to encourage people to comment your blog.
- Do you have a photo to support your blog entry? It will make your blog more appealing visually but remember, make sure you are NOT violating copyrights by uploading it!
- To reiterate what is written in our guidelines, don't write anything defamatory, abusive, vulgar, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually-oriented or racially offensive. Any politically motivated content is also forbidden. Please bear in mind that we moderate blogs.