There have been many artists who have taken the responsibility to represent their country at the Eurovision Song Contest. Many stars have risen from the contest and have got some more wind in their wings.
All of this can also be seen on Facebook, where fans all over the world support their favourite Eurovision Song Contest artists. Who do you think has the most fans? Who is the Facebook ruler of the Eurovision Song Contest participants?
And the winners are...
It's the 1988 contest winner, Celine Dion with over 1,1 million fans! She's followed by the Turkish representative in the 2010 edition, maNga with nearly 800,000 fans. The third place is reserved by the legendary 1974 winner of the Eurovision Song Contest, ABBA, with almost 400,000 fans in their biggest community.
They're closely followed by this year's winner, Lena, by the way! Will Lena rise even higher as she will represent Germany again next year on home soil? As she's been the fastest rising star in the chart, it's highly possible.
Below you can find the full Facebook top 25 artists who have participated in Europe's favourite TV-show. By the way, you can also click on their names, to check out their page on Facebook and join the groups. And don't forget to watch their entries on our official YouTube channel, links given below! And of course, if you already haven't, do join also the official Eurovision Song Contest page on Facebook!
- 1,142,969 Celine Dion (winner of the 1988 Eurovision Song Contest), watch the performance
- 767,178 maNga (represented Turkey in 2010), watch the performance
- 384,351 ABBA (winner of 1974), watch the performance
- 365,914 Lena (the reigning queen of Europe's favourite TV-show), watch the performance
- 257,184 Tose Proeski (FYR Macedonia, 2004)
- 193,802 Sakis Rouvas (represented Greece in 2004, 2009), watch his 2004 performance and his 2009 entry
- 173,057 Dino Merlin (Bosnia and Herzegovina 1999)
- 106,375 Elena Paparizou (vocalist of the 2001 Greek entry and winner of the 2005 edition), watch her 2001 performance and her victorious 2005 act
- 103,470 Mor ve Ötesi (represented Turkey in 2008), watch the performance
- 103,090 Anna Vissi (Greece, 1980, 2006; Cyprus 1982)
- 98,797 Alexander Rybak (winner in 2009), watch the performance
- 98,157 Zeljko Joksimovic (Serbia & Montenegro, 2004; writer of the 2008 Serbian entry), watch his 2008 entry
- 80,416 Sofia Nizharadze (Georgia, 2010), watch her performance
- 78,558 Lordi (winner in 2006)
- 72,536 Vukasin Brajic (Bosnia & Herzegovina, 2010), watch the performance
- 71.858 Severina (Croatia, 2006)
- 71,113 Sertab Erener (winner in 2003), watch the performance
- 61,069 Arash (Azerbajan, 2009), watch the performance
- 57,944 Ronan Keating (wrote the song for Denmark in 2009), watch the song by Brinck
- 57,780 Lara Fabian (Luxembourg, 1988)
- 52,399 Julio Iglesias (Spain, 1970)
- 46.912 Milan Stanković (Serbia, 2010), watch his performance
- 37,055 t.A.T.u (Russia, 2003), watch the performance
- 28,758 Andrew Lloyd Webber (co-wrote the 2009 UK entry), watch the performance by Jade Ewen
- 25,071 Eva Rivas (Armenia, 2010), watch her performance
This concludes the un-official chart of the most popular Eurovision Song Contest contestants of all times, on Facebook. Congratulations to all the finalists and good luck for the ones who just missed out, to reach the top 25!
We do remind you that the amount of fans on Facebook for these communities is approximate and can change every second. So changes in the top 25 might occur, especially, if you help them to increase their fan base by joining the communities. The list is based on the stars' biggest community on Facebook, if they do not have an official community, not on a combined result.