The show started with a patriotic dance act after which all tonight's contestants performed together, followed by former Junior Eurovision representatives from Belarus and also former participants from the adult version of the contest, including Ani Lorak, Ruslan Alekhno and the host Dmitry Koldun. Sakis Rouvas, who will represent Greece this year, also sent his video message.
Taking the stage to fight for the right to represent their country in Moscow were:
- Petr Elfimov - Eyes That Never Lie (P. Elfimov, V. Prokhozhy)
- Litesound featuring Dakota - Carry On (V. Karyakin)
- Gunesh - Fantastic Girl (Gunesh, M. Khaitbayeva)
- Dominica - My Day (S. Sukhomlin, A. Kostugov)
- Wind In The Head - Shpatsyruem (A. Zakharik, A. Zhukov, V. Bardak)
The winner was chosen via a televote and was finally Petr Elfimov with 11475 votes, followed by Gunesh (7946) and Litesound featuring Dakota (4385). The last two places were reserved by Wind In The Head (2804) and Dominica (1225).
The five finalists were chosen in a semi-final which was held on the 15th of December. The winner will be chosen via a televote which will begin after all the contestants have performed.
Ruslan Alekhno represented Belarus in Belgrade, Serbia at the 2008 edition of Europe's favourite TV-shows but unfortunately did not qualify for the final with his song Hasta La Vista.