Amber to represent Malta23 November 2014 at 00:34 CET
The show was presented by Daniel Chircop and Lyona Xuereb Gatt. Special guest was the winner of the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest, Conchita Wurst, who opened the show with Rise Like A Phoenix, and later on performed the song Heroes. Also making a guest appearance were Firelight, who were Malta's representatives earlier this year in Copenhagen, they performed several songs, including Coming Home.
The fourteen finalists performed the songs in the following order. A draw held at the press conference following last night's semi-final determined who would perform first, and who would perform last; the remaining positions were decided by the producers at PBS. The winner is highlighted in bold.
- Breakaway sung by Glen Vella. Composed by Kevin Borg and Simon Gribbe.(Third)
- 12, Baker Street sung by Karen DeBattista. Composed by Jan van Dijck and Emil Calleja Bayliss.
- Once In a While sung by Dominic. Composed by Elton Zarb and Rita Pace.
- Chasing a Dream sung by Trilogy. Composed by Joe Julian Farrugia and Paul Abela.
- Closed Doors sung by Chris Grech. Composed by Edward Mifsud, Peter Borg,David Cassar Torreggiani and Chris Grech
- Love And Let Go sung by Ekklesia Sisters. Composed by Philip Vella.
- Fandango sung by Jessika. Composed by Philip Vella and Gerard James Borg.
- It’s OK sung by Deborah C. Composed by Elton Zarb and Muxu.
- Warrior sung by Amber. Composed by Elton Zarb and Muxu.
- Beautiful To Me sung by L-Aħwa. Composed by Erik Anjou.
- Still Here sung by Franklin. Composed by Alexander Rybak.
- Rush sung by Christabelle. Composed by Elton Zarb and Muxu. (Second)
- The One That You Love sung by Lawrence Gray. Composed by Elton Zarb and Laurence Gray.
- Something in the Way sung by Daniel Testa. Composed by Mans Ek and Charlie Mason.
The winning song was determined by the votes of five judges and televoting. All the jurors awarded their maximum points to Amber, The televoters favoured also favoured Warrior .
You can watch the whole show via our web player,
Amber first took part in 2011 when she finished in 13th place in the Maltese selection with Catch 22, and also had another entry the same year in the semi-final with Touch Wood. She also took part in 2013 (fourth with In Control and in 2014 fourth with Because I Have You.) In 2012 she came even closer with a third place in the final with Answer Me With Your Eyes. However she did go onto Baku as a backing vocalist to Kurt Calleja.
Amber says that her song has a simple, motivational message to which everyone can relate to. “Through our lives each and every one of us has suffered some sort of pain, be it physical or emotional, caused either by heartbreak, illness, etc.” Her song is within itself a message to inspire those who need it most.
The song Warrior is composed by the familiar names of Elton Zarb and Muxu (also known as Matthew Muxu Mercieca), who had three entries in the final. Zarb also had a further two songs he co-wrote in the final.
Amber will represent Malta in one of the Semi-Finals of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest to be held on Tuesday the 19th of May and Thursday the 21st May.