Alyona Lanskaya to represent Belarus14 February 2012 at 18:49 CET
Five songs competed for the honour of representing Belarus in Europe's Favourite TV show and it was All My Life that emerged victorious.
The songs in the contest tonight were; (Composers names in brackets)
- All My Life sung by Alyona Lanskaya (L Shirin and J Vashchuk) (Winner)
- Tell Me Why sung by Gunesh (Isa Melikov and Zahra Badalbetli) (Third Place)
- Dream sung by Viktoria Aleshko (E Oleinik, S Geraskova and J Bykov) (Fourth Place)
- We Are The Heroes sung by Litesound (Dimitry Kariakin and Vladimir Kariakin) (Second Place)
- The Winner sung by Uzari (Uzari) (Fifth Place)
Alyona Lanskaya was born on the 7th September, 1985 in the city of Mogilev. She has won many music awards both in Belarus and internationally. In July 2011 she won the grand prize at the contest for young pop singers called Vitebsk-2011. At present she works at the producer centre Spamash.
Belarus will compete in the Second Semi-Final on May 24th in Baku.
The Eurofest programme was packed with many familiar names from the contest's history, from the very first winner Lys Assia through to the most recent winners Ell/Nikki.
If you missed the programme, you can watch it again here on www.eurovision.tv