The 49th running of the prestigeous festival has featured as the Albanian national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest since 2004, when the country debuted at Europe's favourite TV show in Istanbul. Anjeza Shahini qualified for the Final, where she finished 7th with The Image Of You. The nation's successful debute was immediately its best result to date.
Tonight's line-up will feature the following competitors. The last three are newcomers.
- Selami Kolonja - Marmara
- Miriam Cani & Alban Skenderaj - Ende Ka Shpresë
- Orges Toçe - Mari
- Kamela Islami - Jetova Per Ty
- Blerina Shalari - Lutjes Apo Dashurise
- Ernis Cili & Onanta Spahiu - Fam
- Dorian Nini - Mirësevini Ne Shqipëri
- Etmond Mancaku - Dashuri Pas Emrit
- Ardita Tusha - Dikur Besoja
- Klajdi Musabelli - Vetëm Ti
- Evans Rama - Sonte
- Dorina Garuci - Mirëmbrëma Ëngjëlli Im
- Hersi Matmuja - Me Cilin Rri Ti Dashuri
- Agim Poshka - Bota.com.vetmi
- Marsida Saraci - Vetëm S'jemi Në Botë
- Entela Zhula - Stuhi Dhe Diell
- Ilir Karaferi - Nuk Ke Ketu
- Maria Prifti - Pasuri E Pasurive
- Megi Laska - Endrat Ekzostojne
Two professional juries - one for the established performers, one for the three newcomers - will determine the outcome of tonight's festival.
Tomorrow, another semi-final shall take place in the lead up to Saturday's final.
Almost by tradition, the Albanian song for the Eurovision Song Contest is undervaluated after winning the national selection. A complete reproduction of the act and audio track usually lead to a higher ranking on the international stage than fans and bookmakers predict. If that tradition will be continued in the lead up to the contest in Düsseldorf remains to be seen.