Since 1962, Festivali i Këngës has been taking place in Tirana each and every year in December, and since 2004, its winners have also gained the privilege to represent the small Balkanic country in the Eurovision Song Contest.
This year will be no exception: 26 acts have been chosen for the festival, the final of which will take place on 22 December in the Pallati i Kongreseve in Tirana. On 20 and 21 December, two semi-finals will be hosted at the same location, the line-up of which has been published just recently:
Semi-final 1 (20 December)
- Selami Kolonja - Ku je?
- Rosela Gjylbegu
- Kejsi Tola - S'jemi më atje
- Vesa Luma - S'jam perfekt
- Elis Nova - Ajo
- Kozma Dushi - Ëndërr mbete ti
- Bon Bon Band - Humbur
- Dr Flori & Fabi - Jam ti!
- Merland Kademi - Këtu fillon parajsa
- Rezarta Smaja - Ti?
- Adrian Bujupi - I çmendur për ty
- Xheni & Enxhi Kumrija - Arti i një fundi
- Arjela Krasniqi - Më thuaj pse?
Semi-final 2 (21 December)
- Arjan Dredhasi - Fluturim i lirë
- Adrian Lulgjuraj & Bledar Sejko - Identitet
- Hersi Matmuja - Kush ta dha këtë emër?
- Lynx - Si ty askush
- Entela Zhula - Dyert e parajsës
- Anjeza Shahini - Love
- Kelly - Ylli im polar
- Bojken Lako - Lot... Jetë? Dashuri
- Marsela Çibukaj - Mijëra netë
- Valon Shehu - Nuk do të ndal
- Ani Çuedari - Më ler një ëndërr
- NA - Sa larg
- Flaka Krelani - Tek ti në shpirt
Many semi-finalists are well-known artists in Albania, and two of them have already represented Albania in previous Eurovision Song Contests: Anjeza Shahini was the first Albanian Eurovision representative ever, and she placed 7th in the Final of the 2004 Eurovision Song Contest with The Image Of You. Kejsi Tola (pictured) came 17th in 2009 with Carry Me In Your Dreams.