A record 26 countries will participate in the 2016 edition of Eurovision in Concert which will take place tonight in Amsterdam. Tickets for the event sold out in only five days. This year’s edition will be hosted by Dutch Eurovision Song Contest commentator Cornald Maas and Hera Björk who represented Iceland in the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest.
With 26 countries represented tonight, it beats the previous record of 25 set in 2013. As is now customary, a press programme, attended by journalists and broadcasters from across Europe, will take place this afternoon prior to the concert. All participating acts will be welcomed by Kajsa Ollongren, the Deputy Mayor of Amsterdam and Sietse Bakker, Event Supervisor of the Eurovision Song Contest.
The concert will take place the Melkweg venue in the centre of Amsterdam, doors will open at 19:30 and the concert will start at 20:30.
Eurovision in Concert's René Romkes said:
The team has been working really hard since October last year for this edition. We're delighted that so many delegations accepted our invitation again to take part in the event. We never sold out as fast as this year's edition which is something to be grateful for as well! We will do everything in our possibility to make sure it's going to be an amazing weekend again for both artists and fans! We're ready for it: let's all Come Together in Amsterdam!
Confirmed participants to date:
- Albania: Eneda Tarifa – Fairytale Love
- Austria: Zoe – Loin d’ici
- Belarus: Ivan – Help You Fly
- Bosnia & Herzegovina: Deen & Dalal feat. Ana Rucner & Jala –Ljubav Je
- Bulgaria: Poli Genova - If Love Was A Crime
- Croatia: Nina Kraljic – Lighthouse
- Cyprus: Minus One – Alter Ego
- Estonia: Jüri Pootsmann – Play
- France: Amir - J’ai Cherché
- FYR Macedonia: Kaliopi – Dona
- Iceland: Greta Salóme – Hear Them Calling
- Israel: Hovi Star – Made Of Stars
- Italy: Francesca Michielin – No Degree Of Separation
- Latvia: Justs – Heartbeat
- Malta: Ira Losco – Walk On Water
- Moldova: Lidia Isac – Falling Stars
- Montenegro: Highway Trio – The Real Thing
- The Netherlands: Douwe Bob – Slow Down
- Poland: Michal Szpak - Color Of Your Life
- Romania: Ovidiu Anton – Moment Of Silence
- Serbia: Sanja Vučić ZAA - Goodbye (Shelter)
- Slovenia: ManuElla - Blue And Red
- Spain: Barei – Say Yay
- Switzerland: Rykka – The Last Of Our Kind
- Ukraine: Jamala - 1944
- United Kingdom: Joe & Jake – You’re Not Alone
Eurovision.tv will be at Eurovision In Concert. Watch out for the videos that will be appearing on our channel in the next few days.
Are you ready to party?
The official afterparty will take place after the show at VondelCS (Vondelpark 3). Several artists will perform there including Barei (Spain), Amir (France), Ovidiu Anton (Romania), Sanja Vučić ZAA (Serbia) and Rykka (Switzerland). Tickets are €10 and can be bought at the door of Melkweg tonight. The afterparty will be hosted by DJ Galfo (Spain) and DJ Juan (Spain/Netherlands).