Nikki (also known as Nigar) Jamal. has lived in London since 2005, with her husband and two daughters. Since winning the contest in 2011, she has recorded both as a soloist, and in various duets, including a collaboration with Dima Bilan, who won the 2008 edition of Europe's Favourite TV Show for Russia. On Sunday 21st April she continues her association with the contest when she appears at this year's London Preview Party.
Other special guests appearing are John Allison, who represented the United Kingdom in 1961 with the song Are You Sure? which finished in second place, and Sarbel, who represented Greece in 2007 with the song Yassou Maria which finished in seventh place.
As a preview party, the focus will be very much on the songs and singers that are appearing in this year's contest, and the following will be appearing on the London stage.
- Austria - Shine sung by Natalia Kelly
- Denmark - Only Teardrops sung by Emmelie de Forest
- Finland - Marry Me sung by Krista Siegfrids
- Greece - Alcohol Is Free - sung by Koza Mostra featuring Agathon Iakovidis
- Latvia - Here We Go sung by PeR
- Malta - Tomorrow sung by Gianluca
- Romania - It's My Life sung by Cezar
- San Marino - Crisalide (Vola) sung by Valentina Monetta
Valentina Monetta has revealed that she will be performing the English version of her entry, Chrysalis (You'll Be Flying) at the London event.
The event will be hosted by Nicki French, who represented the United Kingdom in the 2000 contest with Don't Play That Song Again, and Paddy O'Connell who was the BBC Semi-Final commentator from 2004 to 2010.
Tickets for the event are still available via the London Preview Party website.