Polina GagarinaPolina Gagarina is one of the shining stars of the Russian show business, and she is not only famous as a singer but also as a songwriter and actress. In Vienna she will represent her country with the anthemic song A Million Voices.
Polina has graduated from the State Music School of Popular & Jazz Art and MKhAT Theatre School. She is the winner of the International Music Festival New Wave and the winner of various Russian music awards.
Polina released two albums in 2005 and 2010. Now she’s working on her third album. In 2014 she played a leading part in a movie. She’s married to the famous photographer Dmitry Iskhakov, and she has a 7-year old son, Andrei.
Things you need to know about Polina Gagarina
Three most interesting aspects about your entry?
- Polina’s second name Gagarina is one of the most known not only in Russia but in the world thanks to "the first man in space", Yuri Gagarin
- Russia will take part in Eurovision Song Contest for the 19th time
- An international team of authors worked on the song A Million Voices including Russians, Swedes and even an Australian who lives in Berlin
Three most impressive facts about Polina?
- She went to school in Greece where her mother worked and thus speaks fluent Greek.
- Polina lost 30 kg after having a baby.
- Polina studied acting – she graduated from MKhAT Theatre School.
(Lucky) routine before going on stage?
Polina has special concert perfume. She always wears it coming on stage.
Why is the Eurovision Song Contest important for you?
This is a level-up for me. And I’m happy to represent my country at such a high-ranking international contest.