Nika Kocharov and Young Georgian Lolitaz are bringing their very own special and creative style to the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest. The band was internally chosen to represent Georgia in Stockholm. The song Midnight Gold was selected in a televised show out of five proposed entries by a joint decision of an international expert jury and televoting.
Nika Kocharov's debut on stage took place with the group Blitz. That day Nika received his first gift, an acoustic guitar. He learned how to play the guitar on this unforgettable gift and still creates music on it. With Young Georgian Lolitaz, Nika Kocharov created a film soundtrack in 2003, which was later awarded the best soundtrack of the year. Soon after that the band received a business offer from London.
Young Georgian Lolitaz comprises three more musicians.
- Giorgi Marr (Bass Guitar), who studied at the KABK Royal Academy of Art in The Hague from 2009 to 2011.
- Levan Shanshiashvili (Guitar), who formed the alternative group Chaos in 1999. In 2011 he established the band Kid Jesus. Since 2000 he has been playing guitar in the group Young Georgian Lolitaz.
- Dimitri Oganesian (Drums), who currently plays the drums in Young Georgian Lolitaz.
Facts about Nika Kocharov and Young Georgian Lolitaz
What are the three most impressive facts about you?
Nika Kocharov answers:
- I have a big collection of Guitars
- I have a collection of old cars
- I love cooking and inventing new dishes
Do you have a (lucky) routine before you go on stage?
No special Routine exists. We love music, singing and this is the biggest fortune.
Why is the Eurovision Song Contest important for you?
This is very honourable for us and we are very happy to represent our country at such a high-ranking international contest.