Nadav GuedjNadav Guedj, 16, is a French-Israeli singer and the Israeli representative for the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest. A fresh and exciting new talent, he will be performing Golden Boy in Vienna.
Born in Paris and raised in Israel, Nadav recently won the TV talent show, The Rising Star - Israel’s most viewed singing competition. Here his prize was being given the honour of representing Israel at the Eurovision Song Contest in Vienna. Nadav wants to bring a powerful combination of European and Mediterranean sounds to the show.
Besides being a teenager and high school student, Nadav loves listening to a plethora of pop artists whilst also enjoying music from different genres such as Hip hop, electronic, R&B, Soul and orther young Israeli artists.
With a unique voice and an energetic performance, Israel's Golden Boy is planning to enjoy the ride and is looking forward to having some fun in Vienna.
As a fresh and aspiring artist, Nadav sees no limits to the music that inspires him, tapping his feet to both worldwide trends as well as local influences.
What else do you need to know about him?
What are the three most interesting aspects about your entry?
- It's celebrating the inspiring freedom of Tel-Aviv
- The first time I heard it I knew it would be the song for the Eurovision Song Contest
- The song ends with original lyrics:"ok we gotta go, 3 minutes, bye bye" because of the time limit laws of the contest
What are the three most impressive facts about you?
- I'm only 16 year's old - one of the youngest singer in this year's Eurovision Song Contest
- I won the Rising Star singing show in Israel this year and the ticket to the Eurovision Song Contest was actually my prize.
- I was born in France and moved to Israel.
Do you have a (lucky) routine before you go on stage?
I don’t have a lucky routine before I go on stage. I'm just thinking how much I love it, and it all goes sweet from that point
Why is the Eurovision Song Contest important for you?
The Eurovision song contest is important to me because it's an amazing venue for a performer. The stage, the talents, this is what we are here for, isn’t it? To reach out to the people around the world and make them hear us.