ManuEllaThe winner of this year’s Slovenian national selection EMA 2016 is ManuElla with her song Blue And Red. Music is MunuElla’s big passion that she lives for. The artist plays different instruments but feels more at home as a vocalist. The singer is waiting for the opportunity to perform in front of the huge audience in the 2016 Eurovision Song Contest.
Music was a part of ManuElla’s life from the very childhood: at the age of six, ManuElla already played accordion, and at 13 she had her own band playing bass guitar. But she has always felt best as a vocalist. As a 16-year-old, she performed for the first time on TV and then took part in a German musical talent show Das Supertalent, where she ranked amongst the first one hundred best performers. In 2012, ManuElla took part in Misija Evrovizija, one of the selection shows for the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest and was placed in the semi-final.
The past two years were difficult for ManuElla. She lost her father who was her greatest supporter and fan. However, she got back on her feet and dedicated herself to composing songs which keeps her uplifted and fills her with the will to live. She claims everyone must follow their dreams in this short life and follow one's calling. She entered her song, Blue And Red, to the national selection in Slovenia, EMA 2016 and won the right to represent her country in Stockholm.
Things you should know about ManuElla
What are the three most interesting aspects about your entry?
- The first thing I can think of is that I am going to be on this fantastic stage, in front of a huge audience.
- By entering the Eurovision Song Contest, my schedule has become much more dynamic, as I have always wished for.
- I'm looking forward to hanging out with other singers and numerous top musicians who will also be there.
What are the three most impressive facts about you?
- I have a clear goal, an enormous amount of will and perseverance. I am prepared to work hard to make my dreams come true.
- Singing has the absolute priority in my life! I cannot imagine anything different.
- Despite all my past and future success, I shall still be the same ManuElla: a girl who loves life and other people, and always thinks in a positive way.
Do you have a (lucky) routine before you go on stage?
- I always compose myself by using the proper breathing techniques before entering the stage: I inhale the light and transform the unnecessary stage fright into a real and positive energy needed for a great performance.
Why is the Eurovision Song Contest important for you?
- I come from a small country with only two million inhabitants, and so my biggest challenge in performing at the Eurovision Song Contest is the opportunity to perform in front of such big audience.