- Tuesday, 06 May, 2014, 21:00 CEST
- Thursday, 08 May, 2014, 21:00 CEST
- Saturday, 10 May, 2014, 21:00 CEST
- B&W Hallerne, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Nikolaj Koppel, Pilou Asbæk & Lise Rønne
- Pernille Gaardbo
- Jon Ola Sand
- Per Zachariassen
The 2014 Eurovision Song Contest took place in Copenhagen, Denmark and was won by Austria's Conchita Wurst. The victory was headline news around the world.
The Grand Final of the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest took place on 10th May 2014. The slogan for the event was #JoinUs which was an attempt by the producers to incorporate social media into the shows.
Rise Like A Phoenix
Austria won the 2014 contest with Rise Like A Phoenix, performed by bearded drag queen Conchita Wurst. Immediately after her victory Conchita became a household name. The Netherlands finished in second place with Calm After The Storm performed by The Common Linnets, which became a big hit following the contest.
Facts and figures
- Under new rules, the names of all jury members were announced on the 1st of May. Additionally, the ranking submitted by each individual jury member for all shows were published right after the Final. To increase diversity, music industry professionals could now only take a seat in a national jury if they had not been in the jury during one of the previous two editions of the contest.
- Valentina Monetta took part for the third consecutive time for San Marino and for the first time, the country qualified for the Final.
- The 2014 contest was held in a former shipyard, the B&W Hallerne.
- 37 countries competed in the competition in 2014
- 195 million viewers tuned in for the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest.
- The show was co-hosted by Pilou Asbæk, who had become world-famous in the political drama Borgen.